Thursday, July 2, 2015

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

I have just tonight and tomorrow to finish the project I've been working on - yes, it's a 4th of July project!  Nothing like waiting until the last minute, right? But that is SO me.

I spent last week at a meeting in Washington DC.  I love the history of our country, learning about the people that shaped it.  I took an afternoon and headed over to the Smithsonian Portrait Gallery and looked at the paintings of all of our presidents.  Each painting had a brief story about the president - very intriguing!  Of course, there were other portraits and sculptures, and even non-portrait paintings.  I'm in awe of the talent of these artists.

A business trip leaves little time for being creative - and getting back home and back into my routine has held me back, too.  But July 3 is a day off, and the holiday is Saturday.  After cooking for a friend's 4th of July party & attending the same party - I plan on scrapbooking.

Oh, really, tell you something you don't know, right?  ;-)

I hope everyone has a really fantastic holiday weekend!  Perhaps the rain will hold off a bit so we can sit in dry lawns and watch fireworks in amazement!

When you have the chance: Have a MARVelous time crafting everyone!

No comments: