Friday, December 11, 2015

PLANNING AHEAD

Christmas is just 2 weeks away and then New Years is right upon us!  I haven't even started making Christmas cards yet!

I did, however, order what I believe will be the most incredible planner I've ever owned.


For me my planner/calendar is more than just a place to write appointments and schedule things. They've been my lifeline, especially when both of my children were in school. But it's not just the appointments and outings that are part of the planning.  I like to hang onto keepsakes commemorating the days, I like to note what I've thought, or special things that have happened.  Little notes fall out of my planners, or my thoughts are scribbled in the margins of the pages.  So no planner or calendar has been thrown out after the year passes. For years I've done this.

While scrapbooking is my ideal paper craft, I am an all-over the place scrapbooker. Because I didn't start scrapbooking until my kids were older, there are TONS of pictures and school-related items yet to be scrapbooked.  But I haven't started from the birth of my children and moved forward with my projects.  I'll dig through things and work on what hits me at the moment, what moves me, what calls to me.

So this is where those old calendars and planners come in handy! I can reference them for details that I would never have remembered!

And so... the new planner I ordered is from CTMH (of course!) and it is a dream. Not only does it hold a calendar and planner, but I can add scrapbook pages, and even pocket pages to hold memorabilia and those keepsakes I've always tucked into my books.  So the planner is a living real-time scrapbook!!

If you need the most ideal planner ever, head on over to my page at shirleyventresca.ctmh.com and order yours.  The New Year is just a few weeks away!

In the meantime... I'll hopefully be starting on my Christmas cards this weekend! (That's the plan, anyway!)

Have a MARVelous time crafting everyone!!

No comments: