Friday, May 8, 2015

Hope You Are Celebrating!


The group of ladies I scrapbook with every month held an all day crop on Saturday, May 2nd, which just happened to be National Scrapbooking Day.  I envy them for getting to craft all day! I couldn't be there - I was attending my cousin's fiancee's bridal shower, but I am really happy I went.

Of course, attending an event like a bridal shower means a present or two.  I did get them gifts off their registry, but of course I had to craft!

Clear Scraps had a booth at the recent Memories Expo in Columbus, OH and I found these really cool chipboard books you can put together, customized to your needs and desires.  I bought one, found out the wedding colors, and went crafting away!

 
 

 
 

I'm quite pleased with the result! The cut-outs (frames, embellishments, and tags) are from Close To My Heart's Art Philosopy and Artbooking Cricut cartridges.

What I love about these chipboard books is knowing that I can order the letter pages from www.clearscraps.com anytime!

I also couldn't just buy a card... Those cute little hearts are from CTMH;s Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, and the sentiment is from one of their stamps (customized a little).

While I was hoping for a good reaction to the book, I certainly didn't expect Jen (the Bride-to-Be) to cry a little, but she did! And she sent me a special thank you text saying that she and Eric (cousin, Groom-to-Be) couldn't stop looking at it! I'm so happy they like it - I really enjoyed making the album!

And... if you didn't get to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day - you still have time to! Because May is actually National Scrapbooking Month!! So get going!  And please, feel free to post a pic to this blog.  You may just get a surprise thank you from me!!

Have a MARVelous time crafting everyone!

No comments: